Saturday, September 1, 2012

Funny workout videos


Back in a Starbucks in Victorville, listening to my tunes in itunes so I can find my finicky tracks that need fixing. I have been having problems with my ipod and itunes lately. They have decided to not play certain songs or not play them all the way through. I now know how to fix it, but I have to find each song that is doing it and replace it. So, I will be doing a lot of listening for awhile.

So I am here in Starbucks procrastinating on the business stuff for the shop and am writing a blog instead. Go me!

I guess I will update you on the whole me exercising and liking running. Since being in Victorville I have not been able to run and I am missing it. I am antsy and fidgety. But due to the extreme heat and skeeziness of Victorville, I cannot run outside. It’s just not safe. There is no gym at the hotel, so no running on a treadmill either. I have been having a hard time finding a substitute. I didn’t want all that hard work I put in for months and months to fade back into flabby lazy fat cells again. At first I tried a pilates video workout thing and I brought my dumb bells with me. I did the pilates thing but it was kind of boring and annoying and though it is a workout (I got slightly sweaty) I felt it wasn’t enough. I was still antsy and fidgety and restless. Then I went through the videos we have in the garage. Oh my god! I just couldn’t do it. I was laughing so hard at the ridiculous outfits and things they expected me to do. I just couldn’t. The unitard, still gives me nightmares! So this last time I was home over the break I went to Target and bought a Jillian Michaels kickboxing video. She is kicking my ass! I like it better, and I am really sweaty by the end of it. But again, I’m just not sure it is enough.

I’m really tired at work during the day... morning, whatever. I am sleepy. I get back to the hotel and decompress a bit, shower to get all the sunblock off and then do the workout. It wakes me up, which is good, because I need to stay awake to work on the business and such (yeah, I’m working on it real hard right now), and I don’t want to nap because then I won’t fall asleep at night when I need too.

So anyway, Jillian is kicking my ass while I fake box in my hotel room and I look forward to running around my neighborhood when I get home.

It is strange to think that when I started this odyssey it was hard to tie those tennishoes and get out the door. I had to really motivate myself. Now, I can’t wait to tie those tennies. Go me!

No comments: