Tuesday, March 1, 2011

weight loss 101

It has been well over a month now in my quest for weight loss. And I have lost... wait for it... one whole pound. Grrrrrrrrrr. This is not where I thought I’d be, to say the least. I started out with the wii fit. I realized after a few weeks that just using the wii fit for 20 to 30 minutes a day was not enough. So I started jogging on the treadmill in the garage. I started out at 15 minutes with a 3% incline. I am now up to 20 minutes at a 6% incline. Also I do about 10 minutes of free weights and crunches. I do this 30 minute work out 4 to 5 times a week.

I’ve cut down on how much I eat at every meal. I think I have finally nipped the binge eating on weekends thing in the bud. I have cut out soda... well almost. I still have one or two a week. I cut out fast food... except when my sister brought home Taco Bell once last week.

I think I have finally stopped the gaining and loosing of water weight. I think my regimen as it is will “maintain” my current weight. Now I have to step it up more so that I can start to actually loose this extra weight.

I’ve been doing some research. I need to speed up my metabolism and gain some muscle which will help burn fat. All this work with little to no improvement has been really hard. Keeping myself motivated is difficult. The only thing that seems to be helping is the fact that I do feel better after a workout and the thought that one day I will be able to wear most of my clothes again. It is going to take a while till I get to buy that first DVD. I better make it a good one!

2 comments:

Dee said...

Hi there Kel,
I feel your frustration!! I to have been working out hard eating better and well... not the results I want. My weight also only went down 1 lb. But I have my mesurment done before and last week. I did lose inches just not the weight. So maybe try measuring yourself and use that aswell. I know you can do it!!! You are a very strong lady and you can and will do good!! Yes my trainer told me that the more weights I lift it will. Burn fat for longer. Unlike cardio it keeps burning even if your not doning anything. So hit the weights harder my friend!!! Hang in there !! You can do it!!

Anthroslug said...

I am working at weight loss as well, right now. One thing I remember from when I did this once before is that it takes a while for it to get going, and then it happens at a steady (though not necessarilly fast) pace. But it will happen.