Saturday, June 16, 2012

It's not a tumor

Utter fail today (Friday) on my run. It’s the end of week 7 of this odyssey and it didn’t start out well. It started on Tuesday towards the end of the run I had such a bad side cramp/stitch that it even hurt to walk. I had to stop and bend over. I didn’t think much of it at the time. Yes, it was painful but went home and finished the usual workout. Next day, the stitch was worse. I had to stop earlier and ended up walking the last half mile. Day three was a bit better. I was able to run up to my usual rest/walking point. I thought, this is not just a normal side ache. I wonder if I have a hernia? (*make note to google hernia) Then, today, Friday, the last full workout day of the week. I knew I was going to hurt. But started out anyway. It started to hurt immediately. I made it, maybe half a mile before I had to stop and walk. It still hurt, even during the walk. I kept going though. I stopped and kneeled down and bent over for a spell. That seemed to help. I then said, well, give it a try, you have about half a mile to go. I was able to run most of the last half mile.

I knew it was going to be rough today, so I even decided to do the slightly shorter route of 2 miles instead of the usual 2.2. Glad for that. To compensate for the lack of leg exercise today, I will ride my bike to the post office, which is about 3 miles round trip, I think. Hopefully whatever this stitch is will heal itself by Monday which is the next time I will run. Riding my bike does not seem to aggravate it.


*I googled. I sure hope I don’t have a hernia. Ouch! I’m hoping it is just muscle strain and with a few days rest will be fine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you training for something? take care of yourself!