Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Cheesy TV

Many things and ideas have run through my head about what to write on the blog. This is just one of them.

The new cheesetastic tv shows I am watching this tv season or guilty pleasures (however you wish to see it). And yes, they are cheesy. But for some reason, I like them. What are they? Arrow and Beauty and the Beast, both on the CW. I know, I’m to old for their demographic now, but these two new shows plus Nikita, now in it’s 3rd season are what I watch from that network.

So why do I like these? They are predictable overall, meaning I know the overall story and know the major story arcs, however, within each episode there are surprises and how they deal with the overall story. The dialog can be over the top or bad (a la George Lucas... ok not that bad). But the actors are pretty to look at (petty, I know). And overall they are redemption stories and how these characters deal with what they have done in the past, how they atone for them, how they help people now, and their ultimate goals for their futures is interesting to me. Also they are all normal humans (i.e. not aliens from another planet with super powers)... well, except for the “beast” in Beauty and the Beast, he’s a genetic experiment gone wrong, but anyway.

So yeah, no deep thoughts here or anything, just admitting my guilty tv pleasures.

1 comment:

Tim Isbell said...

Okay, I'll give "Beauty and the Beast" a try. Robin and I like "Person of Interest" quite a bit. The tough (but good) guy in that one is the actor who played Jesus in the Passion of Christ a few years ago. At first it was awkward seeing Jesus break kneecaps, but we got used to it.